Americas Group Book Selections
100 YEARS OF NOBEL PRIZES - 4th Edition
statistical analysis and interpretation of the more than 700 Nobel prizes
given in the fields of Chemistry, Physics, Medicine, Peace, Literature,
and Economics between 1901 and 2000—the first 100 years of the awards
existence--updated in this new 4th edition to all prize winners between
2001 and 2009.
Includes multiple charts, graphs, and lists about the Nobel Prizes
Baruch Aba Shalev is a genetist headquartered in Israel. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and his Masters from the University of California, Davis. His Ph.D. in genetics was awarded by the University of Reading in the United Kingdom. He has been involved in research and teaching for the past 35 years. He consults with many countries interested in improving their crop yields and has published over 200 scientific papers. He has applied his interest in statistics to the Nobel prizes to achieve some interesting insights and conclusions. Dr. Shalev was born in Jerusalem and currently lives in Herzliya. He is married, has three children
Winning a nobel prize is unquestionably the highest possible recognition of intellectual and personal achievement.
After the Nobel Prizes are announced each October, do you ever wonder:
• How many women have won the Nobel Prize in Economics?
• How many scientists have won two Nobels during their career?
• Could Nobels run in families?
• Does luck ever play a role in a Nobel Award?
• Have any undeserving achievements ever been recognized?
• Have some deserving individuals been passed over?
• What do U.S. President’s Roosevelt and Wilson have in common?
• Why didn’t Dr. Seuss win a Literature Prize?
• Have Alfred Nobel’s purposes in establishing the awards been met?
• Do some universities have an inside track on winning Nobels?
• Has immigration played a role in awarding the Nobel prize?
• Why have nearly 30% of Nobel prizes gone to a group representing only about .02% of the world’s population?
The answers to these and other questions are found within the pages of this fascinating book.
PUBLISHER: The Americas Group, 520 S. Sepulveda Blvd., Suite 204, Los Angeles, CA 90049-3534 USA (310) 476-6374
PUBLICATION: Length 148 pages Cover Softbound Size 6" x 9"(150mm x 230mm) Features Tables, Charts, Lists
Order This Book
| Return to Americas Group Home |